Martial Arts Seminar Winter 2023
Experience Various Asian Martial Arts in One Seminar
Authorized Master-level Instructors
- Japanese Jujutsu
- Meifu Shinkage Ryu (throwing Spikes)
- Iaido & Kenjutsu (Samurai Sword Fencing)
- Arnis (Filipino Sticks) (pending, equipment arrival)
Participants are split into groups to experience each martial art with one instructor. Each block of instruction is 50 minutes. Between each group is a short 10-minute break.
- Japanese Jujutsu: Participants learn essential self-defence against punches, grasps, and holds and two classical kata (forms).
- Meifu Shinkage Ryu: Participants learn how to throw Bo-Shuriken (Japanese throwing spike) into a target in two to three ways, depending on progress.
- Iaido & Kenjutsu: Participants learn basic cuts and strikes with the Japanese Bokuto (wooden sword) and two classical kata (forms).
- Arnis: 50 Minutes. Participants learn basic strikes, blocks, and evasive movements with rattan sticks.**
- ** If Arnis equipment does not arrive on time, Arnis will be replaced by another martial art.
If you have always wanted to experience classical martial arts but never knew what to choose, here is your opportunity to be introduced to four unique martial arts.
Participants will have the opportunity to continue to learn Japanese Jujutsu, Meifu Shinkage Ryu, and Iaido & Kenjutsu in La Ronge.
Participation Fee & Gift
The regular cost for attendance is $100. However, SASK LOTTERIES covers 70% of the attendance fee. The remaining fee of $30 includes equipment use.
SEMINAR GIFT: All participants receive one set of 5 Meifu Shinkage Ryu Throwing Spikes – safety version – (valued at $25) to continue to learn after the seminar.
Do I need equipment?
No, all equipment will be provided for use during the seminar.
What kind of clothes do I wear?
If you have a martial arts uniform, you can wear that. If not, please wear relaxed fitting sport wear with long sleeves and pants.